Conditions for Participation
Burda Running Challenge 2020
- These participation conditions apply to participation in the “Burda Running Challenge 2020” on July 16,2020. The event is organised by Hubert Burda Media Holding Kommanditgesellschaft.
- Participants (m/f/x) must register in advance either a) via a registration page on the Burda intranet or b) by sending a registration form to a designated email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). In order to participate, the participant (m/f/x) must complete the compulsory fields (indicated by *) in the online form on the Burda intranet or in the registration form if registering by email.
- Only employees (m/f/x) and freelance employees (m/f/x) of Hubert Burda Media Holding Kommanditgesellschaft and of all affiliated companies of HBMH KG according to Sections 15 et seqq. of the German Companies Act (Aktiengesetz) based in Germany are permitted to participate. All participants must be at least 16 years of age. Multiple participation is not permitted.
- In order to participate, the participants must coordinate participation with their superior/principal or employer/client (m/f/x) beforehand and their participation must not conflict with any operational issues. The participant is responsible for this coordination.
- In order to participate, the participant must also use a tracking app or tracking watch during the run that shows the actual distance completed. At the end of the run, the participant must send a screenshot of this displayed distance to email@example.com as evidence of the distance completed. The participant may select the app to be used. Any costs incurred by this must be borne by the participant. Unfortunately, participation is not possible without the ability to prove the distance completed using one of the tracking systems described.
- The registration deadline is 13/07/2020. Participation is permitted only until the specified deadline. Registration must be completed by this date.
- Participation is voluntary.
- The “Burda Running Challenge 2020” takes place on 16/07/2020. Participants are free to choose their own route and distance. Participants are obliged to select a suitable, safe running route and a distance appropriate for their level of physical fitness.
- Participants are obliged to send a screenshot from their tracking app or watch, clearly showing the actual distance completed, to firstname.lastname@example.org on 16/07/2020. Important: Participants are requested to black out or disguise any other, unnecessary data that may be visible on the screenshot from the tracking app or watch, particularly health data such as their heart rate.
- Hubert Burda Media Holding Kommanditgesellschaft will donate a specific monetary amount – in euros, yet to be defined – to the Tribute to Bambi Foundation (Tribute to Bambi Stiftung) for every kilometre completed by registered participants in the “Burda Running Challenge 2020”. Participants are not entitled to payment of the amount raised from their run. Hubert Burda Media Holding Kommanditgesellschaft reserves the right to cap the total amount donated at EUR 10,000 and to present a small surprise to the three participants who have completed the longest distances.
- Participants commit themselves to providing true information and refraining from technical or any other form of manipulation during registration and with regards to the distance actually completed.
- Hubert Burda Media Holding Kommanditgesellschaft processes the personal data received by participants on the basis of Section 6(1)(b) and Section 6(1)(f) GDPR, insofar and as long as this is required to conduct the “Burda Running Challenge 2020” and, where applicable, to present surprises to the participants who have completed the three furthest distances. All further information about data processing and contact details for our company data protection officers can be found in our online data privacy statement, available at: www.burda.com/privacy.
- Should Hubert Burda Media Holding Kommanditgesellschaft wish to mention participants by name and/or use photographic/video material of a participant as part of potential reporting on the “Burda Running Challenge 2020”, Hubert Burda Media Holding Kommanditgesellschaft will seek separate consent from the participant in question.
- Hubert Burda Media Holding Kommanditgesellschaft informs participants that participation in the “Burda Running Challenge 2020” is not covered by statutory accident insurance (Gesetzliche Unfallversicherung) and that any accidents that occur during participation in the “Burda Running Challenge 2020” therefore cannot be treated as accidents within the meaning of statutory accident insurance (Gesetzliche Unfallversicherung). Liability on the part of Hubert Burda Media Holding Kommanditgesellschaft for potential accidents is restricted to the conditions set out in Point 15 below.
- Hubert Burda Media Holding Kommanditgesellschaft assumes no liability in connection with the performance of the “Burda Running Challenge 2020”, irrespective of the legal basis. This does not apply in the event of intent, gross negligence and/or the violation of cardinal duties. Cardinal duties are essential contractual duties that, if violated, jeopardise the achievement of the contract purpose, that must be carried out to enable the proper fulfilment of the contract, and on whose fulfilment contractual partners may regularly rely. In the event of a violation of cardinal duties not classified as intent or gross negligence, the scope of liability is restricted to compensation for the typical damage foreseeable upon conclusion of the contract. The aforementioned liability restrictions do not apply in case of mandatory liability of Hubert Burda Media Holding Kommanditgesellschaft, especially for damages arising from injury to life, body or health.
- This participation conditions exist in a German and an English language version. In the event of conflict or discrepancy, the original German version of the participation conditions shall prevail.