1. Are the job offers on the homepage up to date and are there any application periods?
The job offers on our homepage are always up to date. There are usually no application periods. We immediately remove vacancies we have already been able to fill from the job offers
2. When does it make sense to apply?
In general, your CV should cover about 2/3 of the requirements stated in the job offer.
3. Can I apply for several positions at once and can I apply for other positions after having been rejected?
You can apply for as many jobs as you like at Hubert Burda Media. Please make sure that you use different covering letters for the different vacancies. If you’re applying for different jobs with different contact persons, please send us completely separate applications. After a negative response you can of course apply for other jobs.
4. How do I apply for a job at Hubert Burda Media?
We only accept online applications. You can use our “Apply now!” link to apply, which you will find at the bottom of all job offers. We’re happy to answer any questions on our current job offers on +49 89 9250-1166. We will not return applications, which were not sent through the official channel.
5. Who should I contact and who should I address my covering letter to?
You will always find your contact’s name at the bottom of the job offer.
6. How long does an online application take?
In our experience, you will need about 3 minutes to complete your application.
7. For how long do you store my application documents?
After the end of the application process, we store your data in our system for six months.
8. Can I send a proactive application to Hubert Burda Media?
If you haven’t found a suitable position in our current job offers, you can certainly send us a proactive application. Please mention your desired division, a possible time frame and the desired location.
9. What documents do I include in my application and what size can the files be?
Please send us only the most important and relevant documents for the position you’re applying for. We definitely need a detailed covering letter, a CV, relevant certificates and work samples where appropriate. You can upload several files, with the size of every file being 6 MB at most for technical reasons. You can send us work samples via a link or Dropbox.
10. How do I know if my application has been received?
After you’ve sent us your application, we will send you an e-mail to confirm that we’ve received it to the e-mail address you have stated. If you do not get this e-mail, we have not received your application.
11. How does the application process work?
After we have received your application you will automatically get an e-mail to confirm this. Processing your application will probably take some time. We will inform you as soon as we have news for you.
1. How long before the start of the training should I apply?
The training usually begins every year in fall. You should apply early on, about a year in advance. For our vocational training and the contact persons, as well as the application period and the beginning of the training, please see our current job offers.
2. What school leaving certificate is required for a vocational training?
You need to meet different requirements depending on the specific job. But you should at least have a lower secondary school leaving certificate. For the specific requirements see the descriptions of the qualified jobs.
3. What is the selection procedure for the vocational training?
The selection procedures are very diverse and depend on the specific qualified job. They can include, for instance, assessment centers, aptitude tests, interviews and internships. During the selection process, we will inform you about the next steps in due course.
1. How long before the start of the dual-education degree should I apply?
The dual-education degree begins every year in the winter semester. You should apply early on, about a year in advance. For the course offers and the contact persons, as well as the application period and the beginning of the dual-education degree, see our current job offers.
2. What school leaving certificate is required for a dual-education degree?
You need to meet different requirements depending on the specific dual-education degree course. But you should have a high school diploma. For the specific requirements see our current job offers.
3. What is the selection procedure for the dual-education degree?
The selection procedures are very diverse and can include, for instance, assessment centers, aptitude tests, interviews and internships. During the selection process, we will inform you about the next steps in due course.
1. How long does an internship generally last at Hubert Burda Media and is there a mandatory minimum duration?
The duration of the internship can vary depending on the division. Most positions are mandatory internships, lasting at least three months and at most six months. Alternatively, you can complete a voluntary internship of three months at most. For more information on the duration and the internship type see the job offers on our homepage.
2. Is a certificate of enrollment a prerequisite for an internship?
If you’re an enrolled student completing an internship with us, we will always need a certificate of enrollment.
3. Can I send you an unsolicited application for an internship at Hubert Burda Media?
If you haven’t found a suitable position in our vacant internship offers, you can send us an unsolicited application. Please mention your desired area, a possible time frame and the location.
4. Does Hubert Burda Media offer internships abroad?
If you would like to complete an internship at one of our international locations, please apply directly to the desired office abroad. On rare occasions, we also include international internships in our current job offers.
5. Does Burda assign topics for final theses and how can I apply for a final thesis at Hubert Burda Media?
If you’d like to write a Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis with a practical focus, we’re looking forward to your topic proposals for specific corporate divisions. You can find job offers including final theses on pre-defined topics on our homepage in our current job offers. Ideally you should combine your final thesis with an internship at Hubert Burda Media.
6. Can I complete a school student’s internship at Hubert Burda Media?
The places for school students’ internships are very limited. Please do not send us an unsolicited application, but apply only for the vacancies advertised in our job offers.
1. Is it possible to complete a trainee programme at Hubert Burda Media?
If you’re a graduate with a Master’s degree, we offer you the opportunity to apply for one of three traineeships: the Management Graduate Program, the Young Financial Leaders Program or the MORE International Trainee Program. As a graduate with a Bachelor’s degree, you can apply for a place on our Bachelor’s Trainee Program.
The Management Trainee Program supports you to become a junior executive in general management. Our MORE International Trainee Program is working towards a similar goal, but with three rotations abroad, it is more international. The Young Financial Leaders Program, on the other hand, is clearly focused on the financial sector. What our three programmes for Master’s graduates have in common is that you get to know our corporate divisions at different locations and gain a varied insight into the world of Burda. Our Bachelor’s Trainee Program including specialist professionalization combines professional practice and accompanying learning. This will prepare you in the best possible way for your future field of work.
2. When do the programmes start?
The Management Graduate Program is advertised twice a year (in summer and winter). The application period for the Young Financial Leader Program is in spring (between April and June). When it comes to the MORE International Trainee Programm, applications and hiring are organised by the local entities in every host country. The Bachelor’s Trainee Program has no fixed date of entry; the trainee positions are advertised throughout the year as required. For all current Bachelor’s trainee positions and their specialist focus see our job offers.
3. What are the prerequisites?
An important prerequisite for the Management Graduate Programme is a very good Master’s degree, as well as relevant practical experience and first experiences abroad. The same applies to the Young Financial Leaders Program, where a degree in finance should have been completed. For the Bachelor’s Trainee Programme, we expect an excellent Bachelor’s degree and first practical experiences in the applicant’s professional field.
4. What is the selection process procedure for trainees?
The selection process is a multistage procedure, including a telephone interview and a two-day assessment center, among other things.
5. In what corporate divisions do trainees work at Hubert Burda Media?
In general, trainees can work in several divisions and at several locations. These vary depending on the specific job offer.
6. When should I apply for a trainee programme and what documents should my application include?
Please wait until the programme has been advertised on our homepage before you apply. For both programmes, your application should include a detailed covering letter, a CV and relevant certificates.
7. In what corporate divisions is a direct entry possible?
Hubert Burda Media offers opportunities for direct entry in almost all corporate divisions. For further information and prerequisites, please see our current job offers.
1. Are there any prerequisites for a traineeship?
The prerequisite for being accepted at Burda School of Journalism is passing the entrance test. The following qualifications are recommendations, increasing your chance to get a training contract:
• Completed degree or completed vocational training
• Internship at one of Burda’s editorial offices
• Internship at a local daily newspaper or an online editorial office
• Knowledge about online and digital journalism
2. Do I have to apply directly to a specific editorial office?
Yes, please apply directly to a particular editorial office at a specific location where you’d like to complete the traineeship. The editorial team will put all suitable candidates down for the entrance test. This registration is usually based on a successfully completed internship and sometimes on a successful interview.
For a list of possible editorial offices, where you can do an internship in order to complete a traineeship later on, see: http://www.burda-journalistenschule.de/volontariat.
3. When should I apply for a traineeship at Burda School of Journalism?
We recommend an early application, about a year before the start of the traineeship. This will allow enough time for the editorial teams to plan and for you to complete the internship. If you complete the internship successfully, the chief editor will put you down for the entrance test and you’ll receive a message concerning the next steps.
4. When do I find out whether I’ve been accepted at Burda School of Journalism?
The selection test takes place annually in May. About two weeks later you will find out whether you have passed the test and will be offered a place at the Burda School of Journalism. Once you have been accepted, you can start flexibly in a period between June and October. The traineeship lasts two years from the date of admission.
5. Are there any other opportunities to complete a traineeship at Hubert Burda Media apart from Burda School of Journalism?
Yes, you can complete a traineeship at Chip.de, Focus Online or Blue Ocean Entertainment AG, for instance. These traineeships do not take place at Burda School of Journalism and their beginning varies depending on the editorial office. As soon as a traineeship is advertised, you can find it in our job offers. Our colleagues at the Recruiting Center are happy to answer any questions you may have.
1. What browsers are supported?
We support the version with the highest market share of all standard browsers, one version before that and all higher versions. We recommend Cliqz, Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer 11.
2. I’m receiving an error message when I’m uploading my files. What might be the reason for this?
The file might be too large. Please note that each individual file must not be larger than 6MB. Or you might be using the wrong format. We support all regular formats such as PDF, JPG, PNG, Doc, Docx, TIFF and Excel.